Home Forums Bug Reporting Mouse Interaction UI

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  carl 5 days, 1 hour ago.

• Author

Longrath
    Participant

I have unreliable mouse interaction in the UI.

I can’t drag text boxes or images in the character creation.
    The pen icon appears for a second then disapears. Occasionally I get a mis-sized box of a couple of pixels by a couple of pixels.

I can’t move the character sheet around the desktop. I sometimes get it to jump positions, but usually get a flash up of the context menu.

carl
    Keymaster

Another user was having difficulty with mouse input (though the error was not the same) and it was finally tracked down to a wonky game controller that was attached.

Longrath
    Participant

I do typically have several game controllers attached to my system.

I’m finding that the software must be reading mouse clicks doubled up or something.

I can drag a text box, if I jerk the mouse really fast while left clicking. The faster I yank the mouse sideways, the larger the text box.

I will go about disabling game controllers to see if that helps.

Longrath
    Participant

Disabling game controller drivers has solved the problem.

I am extremely excited about the potential of this software. I’ve been following, lurking and holding off donating for over a year and a half. I think this has amazing potential.

I also believe that asking gamers to disable game controllers to use game software of one variety or another, could be a significant obstacle to the success of the software.

I’ll start re-enabling to see which was the culprit.

Longrath
    Participant

Confirmation that re-enabling drivers for game controllers and restarting, for an entirely unknown reason, has solved the input problem and left me with all of my game controllers connected.

Controllers connected are:
    G700s mouse
    and G13 gamepad
    Saitek x52pro
    Logitech F710 gamepad.
    CH Pro rudder pedals

Logitech’s software has had a habit of misbehaving. I’ll keep an eye out to see if this conflict develops again, and what I can do to pin down the source of the problem

• This reply was modified 6 days, 2 hours ago by  Longrath.

Longrath
    Participant

Is there a way I can edit the top topic to be more informative for future users?

carl
      Keymaster

If you edit your top level post, you should be able to change the topic title.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.